Satkosia tiger reserve is located in the Angul district of Odisha. Satkosia wildlife sanctuary covers an area of 988.30 km². Satkosia Gorge was created in 1976 with an area of 796 km². The Reserve was designated in 2007 as the Satkosia Gorge Wildlife Sanctuary and the adjacent Baisipalli Wildlife Sanctuary. It has located where the Mahanadi River passes through a 22 km long gorge in the Eastern Ghats mountains.
The major plant communities are mixed deciduous forests including Sal and riverine forest. Mammals found include the leopard, Indian wild dog or the wild boars, striped hyena, sloth bear, leopard cat and the jungle cat. The major herbivores are the Asian elephant, Spotted deer, Sambar deer, barking deer, Langurs, porcupines and pangolins are the other herbivores found here. Satkosia wildlife Sanctuary is one of the most popular tourist places in Angul .
The Mugger Crocodile and gharials. Other reptiles include the Indian python, which can feed on large mammals like spotted deer. The Indian giant squirrel is also found here. This place also has many fishes like catfish, which can weigh about 30 kilograms. There is also a nature camp available for visitors. Satkosia Sanctuary is the best tourist place in Angul, Odisha. (Source)
Entry Fee & Other Charges
- Indian Citizens- 20
- A group of 20 or more@ per person- 10
- Foreign nationals- 1000
- A group of 10 or more@ per person- 200
- Students- 20
- A group of 10 or more@ per student- 10
- For conducting scientific research:
- Indian – 30
- Foreign national- 450
- 5) Children below three years- Free
- 6) Physical handicapped- Free
- 7) Jeep/Car/LMV per day- Rs.5.00 per vehicle per day
- 8) HMV /2-wheelers- Not allowed
Entry permits are issued at the following places
- Indian- Rs.20/- per head/day over and above the entry fee
- Foreign National- Rs.100/- per head/day over and above the entry fee.
- Still Camera, Amateur photographer
- Indian 20/- per camera for first 3 days & Rs.10/-/day thereafter
- Foreign National- Rs.100/- per camera for first 3 days & Rs.40/-/day thereafter.
- Indian- Rs.50/- per camera/day
- Foreign National- Rs.400/- per camera/day
- Cine camera smaller than 35 mm. Amateur
- Indian 200/- per camera/day
- Foreign National – Rs.1000/- per camera/day
- Indian 1000/- per camera/day
- Foreign National- Rs.10,000/- per camera/day
Destination Attractions, Destination Facilities, Transportation, Accessibility, How to Reach