Bhitarkanika national park is a Mangrove forest situated in the Delta of Brahmani river at the Bay of Bengal in Odisha. Bhitarkanika is a top tourist attraction place in Kendrapara District. It is 30 km through waterways from Rajanagar and 130 km distance from Bhubaneswar. The total area covers 650 sq, kris with a forest covering 380 sq km including 115.50 sq. km of mangrove forest. The forest is so thick sunlight can hardly pass the forest floor. There are 60 varieties of mangrove plants on isolated beaches. Bhitarkanika is famous for white Crocodiles (Gori) and Gharial crocodiles. Bhitarkanika National Park is a natural zoo of wild animals, not only in Odisha but in India.
It was notified as a sanctuary in 1975 and Bhitarkanika National Park in 1998. The place is surrounded by the river Brahmani and Baitarani. The sanctuary and national park 600 sq. km founded by the river on three sides of only the sea in the east attract the tourist for crocodile breeding farm at Dangamala and the mangrove forest with exciting flora and fauna Besides a variety of other reptiles like Lizarcic. Pythons and King cobras and also found wildlife of wild Pigs, Rhesus, Monkeys, Sambars, Spotted Dear and many other animals. Bhitarkanika national park is famous for crocodiles & Mangroves, and the second largest mangrove forest in India.
All kinds of arrangements are made here for the accommodation, food, lodging and security of the tourists in Bhitarkanika Nature Camp and Eco cottage. It is a great place to visit and boating in Bhitarkanika. Crocodiles, birds, snakes, deer and much other wildlife can be seen on the riverbank while sailing. Various wildlife turtles, crocodiles and sand, creeks, wildlife animals, and the Mangrove forests enhance the beauty of Bhitarkanika Park. Bhitarkanika Park and Nature Camp is the Best tourist place in Kendrapara, Odisha.
Bhitarkanika Nature Camp Price & Information
- The visitor has to take a print copy of the accommodation booking and entry ticket along with identity proof.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are complimentary and limited to the number of the person named on the ticket.
- Operation of AC in the Location is subject to the availability of electricity.
- In addition to the Accommodation Parking Charges for Boat Vehicle are also required to be paid at the destination as per the following Tariff:
- Boat Parking Fee: Rs100/- per Boat per Day Motor Cycle: Rs25 per Motor Cycle per Day Four Wheeler: Rs100 per four-wheeler per day.
- Still camera = for armature @ Rs.50 per day, Professional-Rs.1000/-
- Cine Camera for armature @ 5000 per day professional Rs.25000/- per day Charges for making of a documentary on wildlife Rs.15000/- per day
- For Non-Indian Nationals
- Still camera = for armature @ Rs.200 per day, Professional-Rs.2000/ Cine Camera armature @ 10000 per day, professional Rs50000/- per day Charges for making of a documentary on wildlife Rs.20000 per day
- Gupti to Habalikathi by boat journey (approx. 3hrs) and on-spot boat booking for
- Visitors are to walk about 2.8 km long nature trails from the jetty to reach the Habalikhati nature camp of Bhitarkanika. (Source)
Top Attractions, Destination Facilities, Transportation, Accessibility, How to Reach